We have fresh cut Lemon Balm in the farmstand cooler. $3.00
Lemon Balm strengthens your body’s defense mechanisms, making you more resilient to colds and the flu.
It is also known to dramatically reduce inflammation, protecting you against disease, and chronic illness.
Other super properties of this amazing natural ingredient include:
- Thyroid regulation
- Aids indigestion
- High level of antibacterial and anti-fungal activity
The easiest way to use it is to make a tea with the fresh leaves. I strip the leaves from the stems and tear the leaves into small pieces. Add the torn leaves to a container of water and put the container in the refrigerator overnight. To speed the process, put the leaves in a small pan and pour boiling water over the leaves. Allow to steep for about 30 minutes. Strain the leaves and dilute with cd water to desired strength.
Lemon Balm Vinaigrette
This is delicious on salads, especially fish or chicken salads. You can also marinate chicken or fish in this mixture before cooking.
- 1 tablespoon shallots, minced
- 2 tablespoons lemon balm, minced
- ½ teaspoon lemon zest
- 6 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 8 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Mix all ingredients but vegetable oil together, then slowly blend in the oil.
- Mix well before serving.